For 40 years, Friendship Force International has worked to plant seeds of understanding beyond the barriers that separate people by increasing cultural understanding and encouraging each of us to be good citizen diplomats. By providing opportunities for global friendship, our views of the world around change, we become aware and for some, we are fundamentally changed. We invite you to take part in this very important project of Friendship Force International by joining with others on this Journey to Japan.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Hiroshima, Mt. Fuji, and Musashino Meguro.
Live With a Local
- Meet and learn from local government officials.
- Attend a local high school for an afternoon.
- Have a Japanese cooking experience.
- Be guided by local Friendship Force hosts from three Japanese clubs.
- Visit the historic Atomic Bomb Memorial in Hiroshima.
- Take a tour of Miyajima.
- Explore an evening in Tokyo.
Global Youth Journey to Japan
11 Days / 10 Nights Program and Itinerary:
June 8, 2018 – June 18, 2018
Coordinator: Allison Lindsey
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Fri., June 8
Ambassadors arrive Tokyo.
Afternoon and Evening with host families – FF Musashino.
Sat., June 9
Morning visit of high school in Tokyo.
Welcome brunch, afternoon free time (for Kichijyoji or Shinjyuku Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building) with host families – FF Musashino.
Sun., June 10
Visit Asakusa and Harajyuku.
Lunch at Harajyuku.
Afternoon free time with host families (Harajyuku, Meijijingu Akihabara, Shibuya) – FF Musashino
Mon., June 11
Morning transfer for Fukuyama, Hiroshima prefecture.
Lunch in the bullet train.
Afternoon welcome reception and orientation with FF Hiroshima.
Tue., June 12
Visit Fukuyama Jr and Sr high school and join the activities with the students.
Lunch in the school and afternoon activities with students.
Host with FF Hiroshima.
Wed., June 13
Morning transfer for Hiroshima by the bullet train and for Miyajima by local train and ferry.
Lunch in Miyajima.
Afternoon free time and transfer for Fukuyama for hosting with FF Hiroshima.
Thurs., June 14
Morning Zen experience.
Afternoon visit Tsuneishi Shipbuilding.
Evening farewell party with FF Hiroshima.
Fri., June 15
Morning transfer for Tokyo by the bullet train with lunch in the train.
Afternoon Tokyo skybus with day host or host families – FF Musahino.
Sat., June 16
Morning transfer for Mt Fuji by bus from Shinjuku station.
Welcome brunch with FF Mt Fuji.
Afternoon visit to elementary school and Maria International kindergarten.
Host with FF Mt.Fuji
Sun., June 17
Morning visit around Mt.Fuji.
Lunch with host families.
Afternoon transfer for Tokyo by bus.
Host with FF Musashino.
Mon., June 18
Ambassadors depart for extended tours or return home.
$1300 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, accommodations, meals, activities, and internal travel. International airfare is NOT included.
Know before you go
- We are looking for 14-18 year old high school student leaders.
- Parents/chaperones are welcome to join - there will be home hosting available for you as well!
- A Friendship Force representative will be in attendance throughout the entire program.
- FFI will help arrange and purchase all airfare and ground transportation in Japan.
- Students and parents/chaperones will be invited to attend a series of online cultural workshops led by our staff and key volunteers prior to departure.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.